Saturday, September 6, 2008

The new ride!


Well...I finally took the plunge and bought a new bike after riding my tried and true Merlin Road Ti for nearly 10 years! It took a special bike, and a special deal, to make it happen. Because of the recent rainy weather, along with the increased running miles I've been logging, I haven't had a chance to ride it enough for a full review, but WOW...what a difference! Noodly would probably be the best way to describe the Merlin in comparison to the 2008 Madone. I can almost see the trail of wasted watts I was spilling on the old girl. Now don't get me wrong, the Merlin was my first true two-wheeled love, and she'll be well taken care of in the stable, but after getting shelled on several recent Saturday mornings while watching a posse of new carbon fiber roll up the road...my decision to upgrade was easy. It was made easier when Chris, manager of our team's bike shop, dropped a bomb on me over a venti mocha chip frapp. A like-new '08 Madone 5.5 was warrantied for a small crack in the paint. While the bike was being repainted, the owner discovered that the "Pro" geometry wasn't right for him and now the shop had a "lightly used" Madone to unload. So...long story short, I'm now the proud owner of a 58cm Speed Yellow 2008 Madone 5.5 Pro. I'll post my full set up and review when I've had a chance to log a couple hundred miles...and I can't wait!

No comments:

Stupid Tax...from daveramsey.com